I've developed a mild cold and sore throat, so I've decided to take the last couple of days off in November. I did reach all of my goals, though. Through November 28 I:
1. ...wrote 53,891 words of my novel. (Goal: 50,000)
2. ...posted 61 new drawings here and on Tumblr. (Goal: 60)
I guess it's a good thing I got ahead of my goals because it didn't even occur to me that I'd get sick. But I got them done and am happy with that. On with December, then. Here are my December goals:
1. Write 2,500 words a day during the week (Mon-Fri) until my novel is finished. I figure I need about 35,000 words to complete it, so this would be about three weeks of effort. I will take the weekends off so that it doesn't feel like so much of a grind this time. I will also need to spend a day re-doing my book's outline, since I went way off track early on and am reaching that point where many beginner novelists give up because they feel as if the story has lost direction.
2. Post 12 new drawings to DA. This one should be easy enough, it's one drawing for every two week days. I expect to surpass it very easily, but I also want to do more involved and detailed drawings as well.
3. Post 10 new cartoons to Tumblr. I may post them here as well, though they will clash with the theme I have been developing for this site. Cartoons are more complicated because you're telling a story in sequence that needs to be short and funny.
That makes 22 days of posting art. There are 23 week days in December, including the 25th which is Christmas Day. This should allow me to take weekends off if I want, as well as the holiday if I choose. With the option to relax a bit on a set schedule I aim to get into the proper working mindset going forward.